Elvis' granddaughter eyes 'Fury Road'
EXCLUSIVE: Riley Keough in talks to join 'Mad Max' pic
Riley Keough, the granddaughter of Elvis Presley, is in talks to nab a role in "Fury Road," the fourth installment of the "Mad Max" movies from writer-director George Miller.
Miller also is producing with Doug Mitchell.
The movie's plot is being kept secret, but things take place a short while after the story detailed in 1985's "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome," the third in the series. That keeps Mad Max relatively young and allows him to be played by Tom Hardy ("Inception").
Keough will play one of the "Five Wives," a group of women that Hardy must protect from the bad guys. Zoe Kravitz, Teresa Palmer and Adelaide Clemens are three of other wives.
Charlize Theron and Nicholas Hoult round out the cast.
The movie is eyeing a start date for early next year.
Keough, repped by WME, started modeling at age 14 but made her film debut in this year's "Runways," the biopic of 1970s girl rock band. She played Marie Currie, the sister of bandmember Cherie Currie.
This year, Keough -- the daughter of Lisa Marie Presley and musician-actor Danny Keough -- shot "The Good Doctor" with Orlando Bloom and replaced Olivia Thirlby as Jack in "Jack and Diane," the indie werewolf romancer with lesbian overtones that also stars Juno Temple and Kylie Minogue. Both pics are due to be released next year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR