Ember Entertainment Takes U.S. Rights to Dusan Strugar's 'Night Wings'
The Inferno Entertainment division is also shopping the worldwide rights to the genre pic from Canadian producers Lucid Dreams and Julijette Inc.
TORONTO - Ember Entertainment has taken the U.S. distribution rights to Dusan Strugar’s Night Wings, a teen action thriller from Canadian indie producers Lucid Dreams and Julijette Inc.
The Inferno Entertainment division is also handling international sales for the genre pic, written by Paul Birkett, about a 12 year-old boy on a redeye flight over the Atlantic trying to convince the flight crew that vampires are onboard the flight from Romania.
Only one passenger believes the boy, a father seeking revenge for the loss of his son to the Count Radu vampire clan.
Strugar is currently visual effects producer on the Chronicles of Riddick sequel.
No word yet on casting.
Michael Long is executive producing Night Wings.
Vancouver-based Lucid and Winnipeg-based Julijette are also co-producing The Way Out, a coming of age drama from director Norma Bailey from a script by Deborah Wakeham and Daryl Wakeham. The theatrical drama is about a 10-year-old boy who learns to stand up to bullies.
D Films will release The Way Out in Canada.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera