EMI Sets U.S. Release for New Roxette Album
America is the last global domino to fall for the onetime chart-topping Swedish duo who scored massive hits in the 1980s and early 1990s with "The Look" And "It Must Have Been Love."
In Europe and parts of South America, pop music fans have already been clued into the return of Sweden’s Roxette. Almost 10,000 fans just caught the act live in Buenos Aires earlier this week and the band has sold out shows coming up this spring in similar sized venues everywhere from São Paulo to Capetown. But most Americans remain unaware of the band’s return, largely because the duo had no record label in North America supporting them. Now, with the success of their latest record, Charm School, in Europe, EMI/Capitol will release the new set in the U.S. this summer, Roxette’s manager and EMI have confirmed separately to the Hollywood Reporter.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR