Emilia McCarthy, Jayne Heitmeyer Join David Cronenberg's 'Maps to the Stars'
Justin Kelly has also been added to the ensemble cast that includes Julianne Moore, Robert Pattinson and John Cusack.
TORONTO -- Emilia McCarthy (Hemlock Grove), Jayne Heitmeyer and Justin Kelly have been added to the cast of David Cronenberg’s Maps to the Stars, which has started production in Toronto and Los Angeles.
McCarthy will play the role of Kayla, while Los Angeles-based Heitmeyer will perform the role of Azita Wachtel. Kelly will play Rhett.
Amanda Brugel will assume the role of Victoria in the Entertainment One and Prospero Pictures theatrical drama, whose 30-day shoot wraps in August.
Julianne Moore, Mia Wasikowska, Robert Pattinson, John Cusack, Olivia Williams and Sarah Gadon were already announced as part of the ensemble cast.
Based on a script by Bruce Wagner (Wild Palms), Maps to the Stars explores contemporary celebrity obsession, with Cusack playing a Los Angeles psychotherapist and life coach who made his fortune with self-help books promising happiness.
His wife (Williams) is an overbearing mother-manager of a 13-year-old son, played by Evan Bird, while Wasikowska plays the estranged daughter just released from a psychiatric hospital who befriends a limo driver and aspiring actor, played by Pattinson.
The indie sees Moore play an actress with an unusual new assistant (Gadon).
The Maps to the Stars’ creative team includes longtime Cronenberg collaborators including director of photography Peter Suschitzky, production designer Carol Spier, costume designer Denise Cronenberg, editor Ron Sanders and Oscar-winning composer Howard Shore.
Entertainment One Films International is handling worldwide rights, and the Canadian distributor already has the film’s rights in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Australia/New Zealand.
Maps to the Stars is produced by Prospero Pictures’ Martin Katz, SBS Productions’ Saïd Ben Saïd and Michel Merkt.
Renee Tab and Benedict Carver are executive producing.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)