Emily Blunt signs on for 'Looper'
Joins Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis in time-travel pic
Emily Blunt will star alongside Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis in "Looper," a time-travel action movie from writer-director Rian Johnson.
The complicated plot involves a killer (Gordon-Levitt) who works for the mob of the future. He, along with other so-called Loopers, dispose of people that are sent from the future. When he recognizes one victim as his future self (Willis), he hesitates, letting the man escape.
Now, in order to save his immediate future, the man needs to track down and kill his future self, while his future self is trying to find and kill a young boy who is the key to his survival in the future.
Blunt will play the mother of the boy.
A shoot in New Orleans in the first quarter of 2011 is being planned.
Endgame Entertainment is financing the movie, which is being produced by Ram Bergman and Lucas Smith. Endgame's James D. Stern and Doug Hansen are also producing.
Blunt, repped by CAA, next appears in "The Adjustment Bureau" with Matt Damon and "Gulliver's Travel" with Jack Black.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR