Emily Rose to star in Syfy's 'Haven'
Series is based on Stephen King's novella 'Colorado Kid'
"ER" alumna Emily Rose has landed the lead in "Haven," Syfy's new supernatural drama series based on Stephen King's novella "The Colorado Kid."
The project, from E1 Entertainment, centers on Audrey Parker (Rose), a shrewd FBI agent with a lost past who arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine, to solve the murder of a local ex-con only to discover that the curious enclave is a longtime refuge for people with supernatural powers that holds a lot of secrets, including to her own past.
Production on the 13-episode series is expected to start in the spring for a premiere on Syfy later this year.
Additionally, "Haven" will become the channel's first property to also be produced for Syfy pay channels around the world, with E1 handling international distribution.
"Haven" is executive produced by writers Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn, showrunner Scott Shepherd, Lloyd Segan, Shawn Piller and E1's John Morayniss and Noreen Halpern.
Rose, who also recurred on "Jericho" and "Brothers and Sisters" and co-starred on HBO's "John From Cincinnati," is repped by Domain and Forward.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott