Eminem, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Muse to Headline Lollapalooza
10:56 PM PDT 4/25/2011 by THR staff
Celebrating its 20th year, the festival features a who's who of rock and dance music's biggest names, including Deadmau5, A Perfect Circle, Girl Talk and The Cars.
After months of rumors, the Lollapalooza 2011 lineup has been announced. Topping the bill are Eminem, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Muse, My Morning Jacket, deadmau5 and A Perfect Circle.The festival celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and after several coast-to-coast outings and some six years off, it now calls Chicago's Grant Park home. Early bird tickets for the August 5-7 show went on sale on March 29 and sold out swiftly. Three-day passes, VIP and travel packages are still available and a limited number of single day tickets will go on sale June 7. Other acts scheduled to perform include Cee Lo Green, Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley & Nas, The Cars, Ween, Bright Eyes, Arctic Monkeys, Big Audio Dynamite, Girl Talk, Kid Cudi, Crystal Castles, Flogging Molly, Cold War Kids, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals and Lykke Li. Lollapalooza founder and Jane's Addiction frontman Perry Farrell will also be making a performance on his signature stage under the moniker of PerryEtty vs. Chris Cox. “Muscular beats -- that’s the theme," said Farrell in a statement. "Our new tent houses fifteen thousand people at once.” For the full lineup and a retrospective interactive Lollapalooza time capsule , check out the festival's official site.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR