Eminem Eyeing Star Turn in Crime Thriller for Fox
The rapper is planning a big-screen return nine years after his debut in "8 Mile."
Nine years after making his film debut in 8 Mile, Eminem could be returning to the big screen.
The rapper plans to star in a crime thriller, Random Acts of Violence, for 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The project has been in development at Fox for more than four years, and the script reportedly has gone through multiple drafts, with the most recent version said to center on an ex-con just released from prison who is trying to stay on the right side of the law despite pressure from his former comrades. At the same time, the FBI is trying to recruit him to bring down the syndicate.
Writer-director David Von Ancken (Showtime's Californication), who previously took a pass at the script, is in line to direct.
“Eminem’s producing team, including his manager Paul Rosenberg, have been developing this project for some time," a rep for the rapper told The Hollywood Reporter. "Everyone involved hopes that it comes to fruition and the film goes into production, but as of right now nothing is set in stone and there is no firm start date.”
Since making his debut in 2002's acclaimed 8 Mile, Eminem has mostly stuck to his day job. His most recent album, Recovery, was the top-selling album of 2010.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR