Eminem Wears Sobriety Necklace at Grammys
10:55 AM PST 2/14/2011 by THR staff
The equilateral triangle on the rapper’s necklace represents the Sobriety Circle & Triangle Symbol used by Alcoholics Anonymous.
During his thunderous Grammy performance Sunday night, Eminem wore a necklace that featured the Sobriety Circle & Triangle Symbol used by Alcoholics Anonymous.The equilateral triangle represents the three-part answer - unity, recovery and service - to a three-part disease - physical, mental and spiritual, while the circle represents wholeness or oneness. Eminem - who took home two Grammys, rap album and rap solo - has dedicated his latest album, Recovery, to addictions he overcame. In addition to battling alcohol, he has said that at one point, he was taking up to 20 pills a day, including Vicodin, Valium, Ambien and Methadone. He has credited his children - daughter Hailie Jade and his two adopted daughters, Lainey and Whitney - for his recovery. "I love them so much and they've helped me through so many things," he told the New York Times last year. Added the rapper (who sees a rehab counselor once a week): "I think I've calmed down a bit. My overall look on things is a lot more mature than it used to be."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR