Emir Kusturica to Head Un Certain Regard Jury at Cannes
Serbian director will present the award for the Un Certain Regard category during the fest’s 64th edition closing night ceremonies.
PARIS -- Serbian director Emir Kusturica will return to the Croisette to preside over the Un Certain Regard jury at the 64th Festival De Cannes, organizers said Friday.
Kusturica last received the Palme d’Or for Underground in 1995 after winning his first Palme 10 years earlier for When Father Was Away on Business.
The director was president of the Competition jury in 2005. He will present the award for the Un Certain Regard category during the fest’s closing night ceremonies.
Last year’s Un Certain Regard prize went to Hong Sang Soo’s Ha Ha Ha.
This year’s highly anticipated Festival de Cannes will run May 11 – 22.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR