Emma Stone Eyed for Role Opposite Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn in 'Gangster Squad'
The Warner Bros. crime drama, which also stars Josh Brolin, is set in 1940s Los Angeles.
Emma Stone is in early talks to play the female lead in Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow's Gangster Squad, a crime drama set in 1940s Los Angeles.
The project would reteam Stone with her Crazy, Stupid, Love co-star Ryan Gosling, with the actress playing a woman caught between Gosling's good cop and Sean Penn's gangster Mickey Cohen.
Rubin Fleisher, who directed Stone in 2009's Zombieland, is helming.
The cast is also headed by Josh Brolin, playing another of the cops.
Dan Lin and Kevin McCormick are producing, with Lin Pictures' Jon Silk as co-producer. Will Beall wrote the latest draft, based on a seven-part Los Angeles Times series by Paul Lieberman about corruption in the LAPD.
Stone, repped by WME and Anonymous Content, will next be seen in DreamWorks' The Help, opening Aug. 10, and will follow next summer in Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack