Emma Watts Re-Ups as Fox President of Production Through 2015
Upcoming projects include a sequel to "X-Men: First Class"; Matthew Vaughn and the cast have all signed deals to return.
Emma Watts has re-upped as president of production for 20th Century Fox through 2015.
She's held the top post since 2009 and is credited for restoring the patina to marquee franchises Planet of the Apes and X-Men via The Rise of the Planet of the Apes and X-Men: First Class, both of which were released last year to critical acclaim and box office success.
Watts served as co-president of production for Fox from 2007 and 2009, and became the sole president of production in 2009.
Other films Watts has shepherded include Josh Tank's small-budget horror film Chronicle, Ridley Scott's upcoming Promentheus and Timur Bekmambetov's much sought after Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
In terms of high-priority projects, Fox has just closed a deal with Matthew Vaughn to return and direct a sequel to First Class.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram