Emma Watts to head Fox production
Named studio's sole division president with new contract
Emma Watts, who has been co-president of production at Fox since 2007, officially has been made the studio's sole president of production with a new three-year contract.
She shared the reins with Alex Young, who last month moved from the exec suite into a producing deal at the studio. It was widely expected that Watts would be given full responsibility as production head.
"Emma has been here a decade and distinguished herself at every level along the way," Fox Filmed Entertainment co-chairmen Tom Rothman and Jim Gianopulos said. "We are certain that Emma will lead us forward with the energy, creativity and determination to succeed that she has shown throughout her already exceptional career here."
Watts is overseeing such projects as "Date Night," staring Tina Fey and Steve Carell; "Tooth Fairy," starring Dwayne Johnson; the film version of the comic "Marmaduke"; Oliver Stone's "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps"; the movie version of "The A-Team"; "Knight & Day," starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz; and "Gulliver's Travels," starring Jack Black.
She joined Fox in 1998 as a creative exec.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR