Emmanuelle Beart to Play an S&M Mistress in Australian Film
The French actress will star opposite Harrison Gilbertson in "My Mistress," the debut feature of commercials and video music director Stephen Lance.
SYDNEY -- French actress Emmanuelle Béart (A Heart in Winter, Nathalie) will play a French S&M mistress opposite young Australian actor Harrison Gilbertson (Haunt, Beneath Hill 60 and Conspiracy 365) and Rachael Blake in Stephen Lance’s debut feature, My Mistress.
The story, developed by Lance and written by Gerard Lee -- Jane Campion’s co-writer on her upcoming TV series Top Of The Lake -- follows a beautiful and strangely innocent affair between a vulnerable teenage romantic and a French S&M mistress, which ultimately turns dangerous.
Leanne Tonkes of Mini Studios and Steve Kearney will produce the contemporary drama. Robyn Kershaw (Bran Nue Dae, Looking for Alibrandi) is on board as executive producer.
Also joining the production are cinematographer Geoffrey Simpson, Academy Award-nominated editor Jill Bilcock and Oscar-winning costume designer Angus Strathie.
“We’re blessed to have such immense support from our production and investment partners, many of whom have assisted us for well over a decade," Tonkes said. "It’s a testament of their belief in us, and our shared vision for this beautiful story. I’m sure this opportunity will enable us to significantly advance a slate of films we’ve both been working on for many years.”
Transmission Films will distribute the film in Australia, with international sales being handled by LevelK.
Transmission Films managing director Andrew Mackie said, “We are excited to be supporting the debut feature of Stephen Lance, a director we've been tracking for many years. We pride ourselves on distributing groundbreaking and distinctive Australian films, and with the wealth of talented creatives on board for My Mistress, we know the result will be something special.”
Shooting is set to commence in late January on Queensland’s Gold Coast.
My Mistress will be produced with financial support from Screen Australia, Screen Queensland, Film Victoria, the Melbourne International Film Festival Premiere Fund and Soundfirm.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram