Emmy Rossum to Star Opposite Hilary Swank in 'You're Not You' (Exclusive)
The "Shameless" star will play a self-absorbed college student whose life is changed when she takes a job caring for a woman (Swank) with Lou Gehrig's disease.
Emmy Rossum, one of the stars of Showtime’s Shameless, is in negotiations to star with Hilary Swank in the drama You’re Not You.
Swank and her 2S Films partner Molly Smith are producing along with Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan of DiNovi Pictures.
An adaptation of a Michelle Wildgen book, You centers on an aimless and self-absorbed college student (Rossum) whose life is changed when she takes a part-time job caring for a woman (Swank) with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Smith has a first-look agreement with Alcon, though the company is not involved in producing and financing the drama. Private equity is behind the project, which will be directed by George C. Wolfe (Nights in Rodanthe).
Shana Feste and Jordan Roberts worked on the script.
Rossum plays Fiona, the oldest daughter of William H. Macy, in Shameless, which is entering its third season.
Featurewise, the actress recently wrapped a role in Alcon’s adaptation of the YA fantasy Beautiful Creatures, which Warners is releasing Feb. 13.
She is repped by ICM Partners, Schiff Co. and Ziffren Brittenham.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR