Emmy Rossum to Star Opposite Hilary Swank in 'You're Not You' (Exclusive)
The "Shameless" star will play a self-absorbed college student whose life is changed when she takes a job caring for a woman (Swank) with Lou Gehrig's disease.
Emmy Rossum, one of the stars of Showtime’s Shameless, is in negotiations to star with Hilary Swank in the drama You’re Not You.
Swank and her 2S Films partner Molly Smith are producing along with Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan of DiNovi Pictures.
An adaptation of a Michelle Wildgen book, You centers on an aimless and self-absorbed college student (Rossum) whose life is changed when she takes a part-time job caring for a woman (Swank) with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Smith has a first-look agreement with Alcon, though the company is not involved in producing and financing the drama. Private equity is behind the project, which will be directed by George C. Wolfe (Nights in Rodanthe).
Shana Feste and Jordan Roberts worked on the script.
Rossum plays Fiona, the oldest daughter of William H. Macy, in Shameless, which is entering its third season.
Featurewise, the actress recently wrapped a role in Alcon’s adaptation of the YA fantasy Beautiful Creatures, which Warners is releasing Feb. 13.
She is repped by ICM Partners, Schiff Co. and Ziffren Brittenham.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills