Emmy Season Starts Now
Showtime gets an early jump on competitors with an elaborate screener mailing to Television academy voters.
The Emmys might not take place until September, but the TV networks are already strategizing how best to woo awards voters. As it has been for the past few years, Showtime is first out of the gate with its DVD screeners, sending out a box March 4 to the 14,000 voting members of the TV academy, offering a few episodes of its comedy, drama and reality fare. Members are also receiving personalized codes to access a screening room to watch full seasons of shows including The Big C, Dexter and the first-year dramedy Shameless, which will be submitted for consideration as a drama.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR