Emmys 2011: 'Boardwalk Empire's' Michael Shannon Skipping the Show
Shannon can't get a break from the Chicago shoot of "Superman: Man of Steel."
Michael Shannon – one of the breakout stars of 18-nominated Boardwalk Empire -- will not be at the Emmys on Sunday, nor will be attend the HBO after party at the Pacific Design Center.
The actor -- whose performance in the upcoming indie Take Shelter is said to possibly garner him an Oscar nomination – can’t get away from his current Man of Steel shoot schedule in and around Chicago.
He even canceled L.A. press dates this week he was meant to do for Take Shelter.
Shannon appears as General Zod, the role played by Terence Stamp in the 1978 film Superman: The Movie.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"