Emmys 2011: 'Boardwalk Empire's' Michael Shannon Skipping the Show
Shannon can't get a break from the Chicago shoot of "Superman: Man of Steel."
Michael Shannon – one of the breakout stars of 18-nominated Boardwalk Empire -- will not be at the Emmys on Sunday, nor will be attend the HBO after party at the Pacific Design Center.
The actor -- whose performance in the upcoming indie Take Shelter is said to possibly garner him an Oscar nomination – can’t get away from his current Man of Steel shoot schedule in and around Chicago.
He even canceled L.A. press dates this week he was meant to do for Take Shelter.
Shannon appears as General Zod, the role played by Terence Stamp in the 1978 film Superman: The Movie.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR