Emmys 2011: 'Dexter's' Michael C. Hall Celebrates Emmy Nomination with Carmageddon Preparation
The actor credits guest star Julia Stiles with elevating the show to a new level.
If you’re parked on the 405 freeway Friday, look for Michael C. Hall.
The five-time Emmy nominee, who received his fourth best actor in a drama series nom for Dexter, planned to celebrate the honors Thursday night online. “I’ve got an early call tomorrow in Long Beach and I think I’ll celebrate by going on Mapquest and figuring out a way to get there and avoid Carmageddon,” the actor said with a laugh.
Hall, who was driving to work to film Episode 5 of the Showtime serial killer drama, said he learned of his nomination – and the series’ five mentions including its fourth for best drama – in the bathroom.
“I went to turn off my alarm, which I keep on my cell phone in the bathroom so I’ll get out of bed and not rollover and fall back to sleep and had a bunch of texts messages and emails from representatives, friends and colleagues,” Hall said. “I’d actually forgotten that today was the day; it was a nice surprise.”
Hall credited Season 4 guest star Julia Stiles, who picked up her first Emmy nomination for playing victim-turned-killer and Dexter’s love interest Lumen on the series, with much of the show’s Emmy love.
“What she brought to the table went so far beyond what was initially on the page,” Hall said. “It had a lot to do with certainly her being recognized, me being recognized and the show being recognized. A lot hinged on whether or not that relationship was compelling and that had so much to do with her.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'