Emmys 2012: Nominations Can Be Consolation Prizes For Killed-Off Characters
Kicking the bucket can score an actor some serious buzz — and maybe the thrill of an Emmy nomination.
When Margo Martindale won the Emmy for best supporting actress in a drama for her riveting turn as Justified’s villainous country pot dealer Mags Bennett, you could hear a din of whispers. “But wait, she died in the series finale!” (By drinking poisoned moonshine, natch.) Dying in a prestige drama offers an actor just the kind of buzzy Emmy “moment” voters love — like those of the five performers featured here — especially if the demise is a violent shocker. Otherwise, what’s the point?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR