Emmys: Carrie Underwood to Sing During JFK Tribute
The telecast will honor television's role in covering the president's assassination on the eve of the 50th anniversary.
The Primetime Emmy Awards will pay tribute on Sunday to those who covered President John F. Kennedy's 1963 assassination.
The Television Academy announced Wednesday that Don Cheadle and Carrie Underwood will be on hand for a segment honoring the era as the 50th anniversary of the Dallas shooting approaches.
Cheadle, who will present the tribute, will also touch on a less somber milestone that's approaching: the 50th anniversary of the Beatles' performing on The Ed Sullivan Show.
“To have an opportunity to look back at a time that represented television’s finest hour in a program that celebrates so many of this year’s achievements is what makes the Emmys special,” said ep Ken Ehrlich. “We are certain that viewers will enjoy this special tribute.”
Following Cheadle's presentation, Underwood will perform a medley of music from the era.
Neil Patrick Harris is hosting the telecast, airing live on Sunday on CBS from the Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead