Jimmy Kimmel's Parents Didn't Know He'd Kick Them Out of the Emmys
After guards escorted the pair from their seats, security delays meant they missed half an hour of the show.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Emmy host Jimmy Kimmel's parents claim they weren't in on the telecast gag that had them escorted out of the Nokia Theatre.
Mid-broadcast, Kimmel called out to his mom, Joan, and dad, Jim, telling them he was crushed he hadn't won for best variety show. He had them ejected because, after they told him for years he could do anything he set his mind to, it turned out "you lied to me."
Real security guards materialized to rather roughly hoist them away -- perhaps accounting for Mama Kimmel's seemingly authentically perplexed reaction. "It wasn't a bit!" she insisted later that night.
Then, because of security, they couldn't get back to their seats for a half-hour. No harm, however. They were partying at Kimmel's Soho House bash until 1:30 a.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR