See Jon Hamm and Amy Poehler's Hilarious Invite for Their Losers-Only Emmy Party (Photo)
Winners like Tina Fey and Ty Burrell were allowed in (but only with a charitable donation) to join Jimmy Kimmel, Elisabeth Moss, David Spade, Fred Armisen and January Jones.
This story first appeared in the Oct. 4 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
There are always fetes for awards-show winners -- but losers have never had a place to go to drown their sorrows. Until now.
Jon Hamm and Amy Poehler, both multi-nominated Emmy losers (including this year), created the first Emmy Party Losers Lounge at Soho House for after the telecast.
Lots of famous losers showed up: Jimmy Kimmel, Elisabeth Moss, David Spade, Fred Armisen and January Jones.
Winners were allowed in only if they made a donation to the Worldwide Orphans fund.
In the end, both winners (Tina Fey, 2011 winner Ty Burrell) and many losers ponied up, raising almost $20,000. The hosts gifted donors with engraved bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR