Emmys in Limbo as Negotiations for TV Rights Drag On
The TV academy faces a production crunch in preparing for this year's show, which is less than five months away.
Less than five months before the Primetime Emmys are scheduled to be handed out, telecast rights to the ceremony are still in limbo. That's causing a mounting problem for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, which is dependent on closing a new TV deal and, if negotiations drag on much further, might face a production crunch in preparing for this year's show.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR