Emmys Moving Toward Online Voting
Television Academy CEO Bruce Rosemblum stated that the transition "will ensure that voting is easy, private and secure."
The Emmys will move toward online voting over the next two years.
"This is the first in a series of new initiatives for the Academy that will be rolling out over the coming months," said Television Academy chairman and CEO Bruce Rosenblum in a statement on Friday. "We refine the Emmy Awards process every year, and this migration to an all-digital online voting procedure will ensure that voting is easy, private and secure. This is all part of our ongoing mission to activate greater member engagement, to inspire and help our members develop their professional potential and to bring new and long-established voices within the television community together to continue to chart a bold path for our industry."
The changes to the voting system are set to go into effect before the 66th Primetime Awards are broadcast in 2014 with the first round of voting conducted online and continuing into 2015 with all rounds going online.
Paper ballots will also be offered over the next two years to Emmy voters who don't wish to cast their votes online.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!