Empire Carpet Commercial Singer Dies at 89
Elmer Lynn Hauldren created the company's memorable jingle, which includes the phone number, "5-8-8, 2-300, Empire!"
Empire Carpet spokesman Elmer Lynn Hauldren died Tuesday of natural causes at his suburban Chicago home, his family tells the Chicago Tribune. He was 89.
Hauldren created the memorable jingle to the carpet company's commercial that ended with the phone number, "5-8-8, 2-300, Empire!"
"He has made an indelible mark on advertising history with his creativity and warmth," Steve Silvers, chief executive officer of Northlake-based Empire, said in a statement.
Hauldren was hired to appear in the commercials in 1973. He wrote and sang the commercial jingle with a capella group The Fabulous 40s.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR