Endemol Acquires Worldwide Format Rights to 'Canada Sings' Glee Club Competition Series
The global producer behind "Wipeout" and "Big Brother" will localize the Canadian reality show for worldwide markets.
TORONTO - Endemol has acquired the worldwide format rights to the Canadian music competition series Canada Sings, billed as a modern twist on the traditional glee club phenomenon.
The six-part reality series on Canada’s Global Television network has ordinary Canadians forming glee clubs with co-workers to compete against other workplace teams.
Canada Sings is produced by Insight Productions Company, the series and format creator.
The worldwide format deal for Canada Sings was brokered by Grant Ross and Philippe Maigret at Endemol and Jane Rimer at Insight Production Company.
Global Television has ordered a second season of Canada Sings from Insight Production.
Endemol will produce local versions of the Canadian format in major territories worldwide.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR