Endemol's 'Big Brother' Format Headed to Canada
Shaw Media plans a local version of the global format, complete with battling Canadian house guests, after airing the first 13 seasons of the American edition on Global Television.
TORONTO – Endemol’s Big Brother is coming to Canada.
Shaw Media inked a deal with the format giant to air a local Canadian version from indie producer Insight Productions.
Big Brother Canada will air on Slice, Shaw Media’s lifestyle channel, and follows the Canadian broadcaster airing the U.S. version of Big Brother for 13 seasons.
“After more than a decade, Big Brother is still a ratings winner in the major territories across the globe,” David Goldberg, chairman of Endemol North America, said as he looked ahead to the first-ever Canadian edition.
Following the American forat, Big Brother Canada will feature competing Canadian guests in the Big Brother house.
No word on casting for the Canuck version.
Shaw Media will start airing the 14th season of Big Brother on its Global Television network from July 12.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR