Endemol Group Forms Commercial Board to Manage Global Interests
The indie TV powerhouse, producer of "Big Brother" and "Wipeout," revamps its management structure to mirror its creative operations.
LONDON – Independent TV production powerhouse Endemol Group is overhauling its management and replacing its Endemol Worldwide Brands (EWB) division structure with a group commercial board made up of senior suits from across the company.
The re-organization of the company's management structure aims to mirror Endemol’s creative structure and to "more closely integrate the company’s commercial and creative activities."
The company's output includes Big Brother and Hell on Wheels.
Former EWB regional director, international Branco Scherer has been promoted to the new look board as executive director, commercial affairs.
His role will be to coordinate with Endemol’s commercial teams around the world and to ensure that ideas and information are shared across the board.
Scherer reports to Lucas Church, who becomes chair of the group commercial board in addition to his ongoing role as CEO of Endemol U.K.
Former EWB executives based in Endemol’s offices around the world will now report directly to local managing directors in each territory while working closely with Scherer and his team.
Endemol Group president Tim Hincks said: "Our aim with these changes is to continue expanding our day-to-day commercial business locally whilst sharing ideas across the group about the big opportunities for Endemol in today’s fast changing global market."
Endemol’s recent commercial projects include partnerships with YouTube for specialized channels in European territories, an online play-along game for hit format The Money Drop, and an iPhone game for blockbuster format Wipeout.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!