Endemol Names New Brazil Boss
Juliana Alganaraz will oversee operations at Endemol's Brazil offices in Sao Paulo.
Production giant Endemol has named Juliana Alganaraz to the role of general manager of its Brazil operations, effective August 13. She replaces Daniela Busoli, who left Endemol Brazil in June.
Currently a senior director at Fox Brazil, Alganaraz has severed in executive positions at several TV firms in the region including Discovery Networks Latam and Argentina's Channel 13. At Endemol, Alganaraz will report directly to Martin Kweller, Creative Director and Operating Director for Endemol in Latin America.
The region has been an area of growth for the Dutch-based production heavyweight. Regional versions of Endemol's reality and entertainment formats, including Big Brother and The Money Drop have been ratings hits. Endemol has also used production studios in Argentina, famed for their Telenovelas, to produce localized versions of formats such as Wipeout and Fear Factor for broadcasters around the world.
Brazil has one of the world's fastest-growing television markets. According to figures from stats group Projeto Inter-Meios, ad spend in Brazil jumped 13 percent to just under $2 billion in the first quarter of this year, with TV spend accounting for 63 percent of that.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR