Endemol Sport, Manchester City ink deal
Producing match-day coverage, online content, more
LONDON -- In the first major announcement from its newly launched sports division, Endemol said Wednesday that Endemol Sport had signed a global media partnership with Premier League soccer club Manchester City to build the club's brand around the world.
Endemol will produce match-day coverage, behind-the-scenes footage, international programming and online content for the up-and-coming-club, whose Abu Dhabi-based backers have invested millions of dollars buying up players for the once second-league team.
Endemol, creator of such shows as "Total Wipeout" and "Big Brother" has signed a "multiyear" agreement with Endemol for a raft of content including targeted fare for Arabic and Latin American audiences, in a bid to capitalize on global interest in the club.
Unlike other Premier League clubs including Manchester United and Chelsea, Man City will not charge fans for the service, which will be "free and fan-focused" an Endemol exec said.
Endemol will likely leverage its company would use its presence in more than 25 countries around the world to help develop new television and new media formats for each market.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR