Endemol Studios Inks Deal With Christina Wayne's Assembly Entertainment
"MDX," an international medical disaster drama, is the first project to be developed under the agreement.
Endemol Studios has inked a pod deal with Christina Wayne and her company, Assembly Entertainment.
The pact calls for Assembly to develop and produce scripted projects for cable and other television distribution platforms. Wayne will also develop existing and new projects for Endemol Studios.
The first project under the new agreement is MDX, an international medical disaster drama produced by Flame Ventures and Tony Krantz. Carol Flint (Royal Pains, ER) will pen the pilot and executive produce. Jonathan Klein, Krantz and Wayne will also serve as EPs.
"We are thrilled to open our first pod deal at Endemol Studios with Christina. Her taste in material, her relationships with top talent and her experience as a writer, director, producer and as a network and studio executive will be incredibly valuable as we expand our development slate and build on our ongoing success," said Philippe Maigret in a statement.
Miura Kite, who worked with Wayne at Cineflix Studios, will consult for Assembly Entertainment. A search is underway for the company's vp of development.
Other projects on Assembly's slate include Amazon pilot Koolhaus, filming in the spring.
Prior to Assembly, Wayne was president at Cineflix Studios, Cineflix's scripted TV division, where she oversaw the company's scripted programming and was an EP on BBC America's Copper. Wayne was also senior vp scripted series/miniseries for AMC, where she shepherded the development and production on Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Broken Trail.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed