Endemol Group Names Tim Hincks President, Virginie Calmels COO
The independent TV production powerhouse, known for its reality franchises, is promoting its U.K. and France bosses to support new CEO Just Spee.
LONDON - TV producer Endemol Group said Friday it has promoted Endemol U.K. CEO Tim Hincks to the post of president.
It has also promoted Virginie Calmels, chairman and CEO of its France unit, to the role of COO.
They will report to CEO Just Spee who took over the company's day-to-day management in April.
Endemol's hit formats include Big Brother, Deal or No Deal, Wipeout and The Money Drop. Its growing drama portfolio includes Hell on Wheels and Hot in Cleveland.
The company, which has faced financial pressures that last year led to a bid from Time Warner and interest from others, said its first quarter "has shown continued, significant growth in terms of revenues and profits."
Hincks will be responsible for overseeing the company’s operations in the U.S. and U.K. and ensuring collaboration between those core markets. He will also continue to have responsibility for Endemol U.K.’s business as its chairman.
He began his TV career in 1990 and was appointed CEO of Endemol U.K. in January 2008. His work has focused on such shows as game shows The Million Pound Drop and The Bank Job. The company highlighted that in 2011 Endemol U.K. won 92 commissions, 47 of which were new series.
Calmels has served as chairman and CEO of Endemol France since 2007, a role that she will also continue. She has worked on such shows as Secret Story, The Money Drop and Undercover Boss. She diversified Endemol France by taking it into scripted programming.
“I very much look forward to working closely with Tim and Virginie at an extremely exciting time for Endemol," said Spee. "With Tim and Virginie’s expertise in the central management team and an agreement with lenders in place that will put the company on a firm financial footing we are strongly positioned for a bright future.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10