Endemol USA plans Kobe Bryant Web series
'Dream Makers' is set at Lakers star's basketball academy
Endemol USA is getting in the game with Kobe Bryant for a Web series.
"Dream Makers: Kobe Bryant" is set at the Kobe Bryant Basketball Academy, where Filipino kids get to learn lessons on and off the court from the Lakers legend.
Endemol has already signed up "Dream" for an eight-webisode run in the Phillippines culminating in a one-hour TV special. The package is being shopped elsewhere around the globe for distribution and sponsorship partners.
"We are excited about this series, which is not only an interactive entertainment experience but also gives back to deserving young people," said David Armour, vp digital media at Endemol USA. "We look forward to making this format a global multiplatform success."
Endemol USA has been an active player in webisode production, with "Married on MySpace," "Coupon Mom" and "Vidas Cruzadas" to its credit.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR