Endgame and FilmDistrict to Reteam on the Sci-Fi Thriller 'Selfless'
Written by brothers Alex and David Pastor, the story revolves around an older man who's mind is transplanted into a younger man's body.
Endgame Entertainment and FilmDistrict have acquired Selfless, a screenplay by brothers Alex and David Pastor about a dying older man who pays to have his mind transplanted into a younger man’s body.
The project represents a reteaming of Endgame and FilmDistrict, which recently joined forces for Rian Johnson’s sci-fi thriller Looper, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis, which FilmDistrict will release in September. The companies will co-finance the new film, with FilmDistrict handling U.S. distribution.
Selfless will be produced by Endgame CEO James D. Stern and FilmDistricts’s Peter Schlessel along with Ram Bergman, who also was one of the producers of Looper.
In the Pastor brothers’ screenplay, when the older man finds out how his new body was acquired, he defies the company that provided it and then is hunted by mercenaries.
The brothers, who wrote the 2009 horror thriller Carriers, are repped by CAA, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and attorney Karl Austen of Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR