Russian Company to Produce English Feature 'Matt-on-Demand'
Chris Pine and Gael García Bernal are in negotiations for the main role.
ODESSA, Ukraine – Russian company Enjoy Movies will be shooting a feature in English, starring Hollywood actors and intended for international distribution.
Georgy Malkov, the company’s general producer, told The Hollywood Reporter that the movie, entitled Matt-on-Demand, is to be filmed in late September through October on a budget of between $4 million and $5 million. Written by Nikolai Kovbas and Alexei Nuzhny, it is to be directed by Sarik Andreasyan. The film is to be completed in mid-spring of 2013 to be released in late spring.
“We liked the script a lot, and we thought that it could be made international,” Malkov said. “But for the movie to have a potential for international distribution, we understood that it has to feature internationally known Hollywood actors. Of course, we are not talking about the top 10 who cost millions of dollars, but we still expect to get important names.”
According to Malkov, the company is in negotiations with Chris Pine and Gael García Bernal about the main role in the film, while model Irina Shayk has been confirmed as the female lead and Harvey Keitel for a supporting role.
Matt-on-Demand is a romantic comedy about a transformation of a crooked realtor into a caring person.
Enjoy Movies has produced several domestic box office champions and Pavel Ruminov’s Ya Budu Ryadom (I’ll Be By Your Side), which collected the best film prize at Kinotavr, Russia’s main national film festival, last month.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty