Enrique Iglesias, Shakira Top Billboard Latin Music Awards
Newcomer Prince Royce, Aventura, Camila, Daddy Yankee and Juan Luis Gerra also winners.
MIAMI -- After a year that saw pop going bigger than ever, it's perhaps not surprising that two crossover superstars -- Enrique Iglesias and Shakira -- were the big winners at the 2011 Billboard Latin Music Awards.
Leading the fray with nine honors was Iglesias, while Shakira followed with six Billboard Latin Music Awards. Newcomer Prince Royce, who continued the Aventura tradition of blending danceable bachata with urban sensibility, won four trophies, including Latin Artist of the Year, while Aventura themselves, along with Camila, Daddy Yankee and Juan Luis Guerra received three awards. The 2011 edition of the Billboard Latin Music Awards, presented by State Farm, was broadcast live on the Telemundo Network from the BankUnited Center in Miami and also seen in more than 35 countries.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR