Entertainment One Acquires Oz Distributor Hopscotch
With the deal, Canadian indie distributor adds Australia and New Zealand markets to its international distribution network.
TORONTO – Oz distributor Hopscotch has been acquired by Canadian indie distributor Entertainment One to become part of its international releasing network.
The cash and stock deal, the first for Toronto-based Entertainment One in Australia, is reportedly worth $20.5 million, and will be completed by early May, subject to closing conditions.
Founded in 2002, Sydney-based Hopscotch is active in the Australian and New Zealand markets, focused on local and international indie titles. Hopscotch’s current management team, led by Troy Lum, Frank Cox and Sandie Don, will remain with the company. “This deal enables Hopscotch to flourish as part of a larger international group,” Lum, managing director of Hopscotch, said in a statement.
Hopscotch released 15 titles theatrically in 2010 and has a library of around 300 films and TV titles. On May 5, Hopscotch will release the Jake Gyllenhaal-starrer Source Code in the Australian market. Entertainment One now releases content in Canada, Britain, the U.S., the Benelux, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Scandinavia, and South Africa.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR