Entertainment One and CBS Films Renew Canadian Output Deal
The multiyear extension will kick off with the release of "Last Vegas," which stars Robert De Niro and Morgan Freeman.
TORONTO – Entertainment One and CBS Films have renewed their multiyear movie-output deal for the Canadian market.
The Canadian distributor will continue to handle the CBS Films slate north of the border through 2015, starting with the comedy Last Vegas, which stars Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman, Michael Douglas and Kevin Kline.
"eOne is a versatile distributor, a terrific partner and we are thrilled to be extending this agreement for years to come,” said Wolfgang Hammer, co-president of CBS Films, in a statement Thursday.
The CBS Films deal landed with Entertainment One after it acquired Alliance Films, which previously handled the Canadian distribution of movies from the U.S. studio.
Recent CBS Films features released by Entertainment One in Canada include the Dwayne Johnson action vehicle Faster, The Back-Up Plan and the fantasy drama Beastly.
Noah Segal and Richard Rapkowski brokered the supply deal renewal for Entertainment One, while Hammer and Rik Toulon represented CBS Films.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR