Entertainment One Developing 'The Educated Pervert' For HBO Canada
Former CBC radio host Jesse Brown co-created and stars in the potential half-hour pay TV comedy from eOne about lust in the sexless world of public radio.
TORONTO -- Entertainment One Television is at work on The Educated Pervert, a Canadian pay TV comedy about lust in the sexless world of public radio.
The half hour series for HBO Canada, now in development, comes from series creator Jesse Brown, a veteran humorist and a one-time Canadian Broadcasting Corp. radio host, and writer/producer Geoff Siskind (Tightrope, Junk Raiders).
HBO Canada-parents The Movie Network (TMN) and Movie Central have ordered two scripts and a bible.
The comedy, to be executive produced and show-run by Derek Harvie (Testees, Skins), portrays Brown as the host of a taxpayer-funded program, The Educated Pervert.
As Brown struggles to understand sexual desire, he must also convince his conservative fiancée and a ratings-mad producer that he's not just playing with himself in the radio booth.
eOne is producing The Educated Pervert in association with January Films.
Both eOne and TMN had no comment on the series.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR