Entertainment One Inks First-Look Deal With Impossible Pictures Factual
Jonathan Drake's new factual shingle will operate from the Canadian producer and distributor's U.K. office.
TORONTO – Entertainment One has signed a first-look deal with Jonathan Drake and his new production shingle, Three River Studios.
Drake is segueing from Impossible Pictures and will supply eOne with factual series and specials via the Impossible Pictures Factual subsidiary headed by creative directors Paul Wooding and Steve Maher.
Drake, as Impossible Pictures' managing director last year, led a management buyout of Impossible Pictures’ factual division and launched a new business under parent Three River Studios.
eOne will have an exclusive first look at content from Drake's new company, and handle the worldwide rights for accepted projects.
The Canadian company and Impossible Pictures pacted in 2011 to co-develop factual series.
"It’s very exciting to see our relationship with Jonathan grow and be alongside him as he launches his new venture,” said Peter Emerson, president of eOne Television International, in a statement.
Emerson relocated to London in 2012 to grow the Canadian producer/distributor's international business by tapping into more U.K. and European content.
"I have really enjoyed working with the team at eOne in the past, so I'm looking forward to expanding my relationship with the indie studio on this exciting new venture," Drake said in his own statement.
Toronto-based eOne offers European producers access to U.S. broadcast and cable networks, and delivers European partners’ TV projects via co-production, pre-sales or by buying up distribution rights.
eOne also handles international distribution for original scripted series from AMC and Sundance Channel, and is the international distributor of series like Hell on Wheels and The Walking Dead.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short