Entertainment One, Levity ink distribution deal
Agreement sees Toronto's E1 acquire TV specials by comics
TORONTO -- Entertainment One has inked a North American distribution deal with The Levity Entertainment Group for four new stand-up comedy specials.
The agreement will see Toronto-based Entertainment One acquire the home video, digital, audio and ancillary rights for TV specials by comics Ben Bailey ("Cash Cab") and Alonzo Bodden, and "Smarter Sex Stand-Up Comedy," which features live performances by Rachel Feinstein, Marina Franklin, Nikki Glaser and Amy Schumer.
The deal was negotiated by Allen Blackwell, senior director of urban film and comedy for Entertainment One, and Judi Brown-Marmel and John Bravakis for Levity Productions.
The Canadian producer and distributor earlier Wednesday issued a trading update for its London, UK-traded stock that indicated results for fiscal 2011 are expected to be in line with market expectations.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR