Entertainment One and Levity Pact on TV Comedies
The first look deal will see the Canadian producer develop and distribute comedies using artists and writers represented by the U.S. partner.
TORONTO -- Entertainment One has inked a two-year TV development and distribution deal with Levity Entertainment Group.
The Canadian indie producer is to develop and produce half-hour comedies with Levity's stable of artists and writers, including Jim Breuer, Pablo Francisco, Hal Sparks, and Maz Jobrani.
The agreement will also see Levity offer eOne eight to ten comedy titles each year for release on home video and audio platforms.
Toronto-based eOne last year inked an earlier deal to release four new stand-up comedy specials from Levity Entertainment into the North American market.
“Our partnership with eOne helps us to accelerate comedy series opportunities with talent that we have identified and developed,” Judi Brown-Marmel, senior partner at Levity Entertainment, said of the comedy tie-up.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR