Entertainment One Strikes DVD Deal With Focus World
Pact covers such films as Thomas Vinterberg's "Submarino" and Alma Har'el's "Bombay Beach."
Entertainment One has struck a U.S. distribution deal with Focus Features to release selected titles on DVD from Focus’ recently launched digital premiere label Focus World.
The first title under the agreement is Thomas Vinterberg’s film Submarino, the tale of two brothers in Copenhagen who share a dark secret.
The deal also covers Alma Har’el’s documentary about a forgotten California town Bombay Beach, which won the documentary prize at the year’s Tribeca Film Festival. It debuted digitally on Nov. 1 and will roll out on DVD in January.
Launched earlier this year, Focus World releases titles as premiere releases on EST, iVOD, and VOD, along with DVD and other formats.
“We are thrilled to be working with Focus Features and to align our company with an innovative brand like Focus World, which is striving to present quality, daring and bold filmmaking to consumers,” Michael E. Rosenberg, president, film & distribution, Entertainment One U.S., said.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services