Entertainment One Takes North American Rights to Brian De Palma's 'Passion'
The Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace-starrer bowed in Venice and screened in Toronto.
TORONTO - Canadian distributor Entertainment One has acquired the North American rights to Brian De Palma’s Passion from SBS Productions.
The Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace-starrer, based on the 2010 French thriller Love Crime, bowed in competition at Venice and screened in Toronto.
Passion portrays a deadly power struggle between two women in the dog-eat-dog world of international business.
“Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace performances are captivating and De Palma delivers another great thriller that audiences have already embraced at Venice and Toronto,” David Reckziegel, president of eOne Films North America, said Friday.
The deal was negotiated by ICM Partners along with SBS Productions’ Saïd Ben Saïd and Sejin Croninger, and Reckziegel for Entertainment One.
ICM Partners also represents De Palma.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR