Entertainment One Takes North American Rights to Brian De Palma's 'Passion'
The Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace-starrer bowed in Venice and screened in Toronto.
TORONTO - Canadian distributor Entertainment One has acquired the North American rights to Brian De Palma’s Passion from SBS Productions.
The Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace-starrer, based on the 2010 French thriller Love Crime, bowed in competition at Venice and screened in Toronto.
Passion portrays a deadly power struggle between two women in the dog-eat-dog world of international business.
“Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace performances are captivating and De Palma delivers another great thriller that audiences have already embraced at Venice and Toronto,” David Reckziegel, president of eOne Films North America, said Friday.
The deal was negotiated by ICM Partners along with SBS Productions’ Saïd Ben Saïd and Sejin Croninger, and Reckziegel for Entertainment One.
ICM Partners also represents De Palma.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'