Entertainment One Taps Former ITV Exec Justina Hemeperek for Acquisitions
The Canadian producer also adds former Teletoon exec Jessica Watson to its Toronto office as it ramps up acquisitions.
TORONTO – Former ITV acquisitions executive Justina Hemeperek has joined Canadian producer-distributor Entertainment One to acquire factual programming from Britain and continental Europe.
The Toronto-based indie on Monday also named former Teletoon acquisitions executive Jessica Watson as manager of acquisitions, based in Toronto.
Watson will pick up TV product for worldwide distribution after acquiring series and movies for five cable channels with Teletoon, Canada’s cartoon cable channel.
Before joining Entertainment One, based in London, Hemeperek was acquisitions manager at ITV Studios Global Entertainment, securing factual titles like Come Dine With Me, Four Weddings, The Audience River Monsters and Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan.
Watson and Hemeperek will report to Prentiss Fraser, senior vp worldwide sales and acquisitions.
The TV acquisitions hires follow the Canadian producer completing a deal to acquire rival movie distributor Alliance Films and last month bolstering its London-based film distribution division.
Entertainment One’s TV distribution slate includes AMC’s Hell on Wheels and The Walking Dead and CTV’s Saving Hope.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR