YouTube Sensation 'EpicMealTime' to Become G4 Pilot
NBCUniversal's younger, male-skewing cable network has inked a deal to develop a TV version of the Web's popular cooking show with "The Soup" producers.
EpicMealTime is poised to make its TV debut.
G4 has closed a deal to make a pilot with the team behind the hit YouTube cooking show created by Harley Morenstein and friends. The web effort, which regularly features outlandishly high-calorie dishes, has become an Internet phenomenom since its Sept. 2010 launch.
To date, web episodes centered on copious amounts of bacon and other meat products have collectively garnered 275 million upload views. Similarly impressive, EpicMealTime ranks as the No. 12 most subscribed to YouTube Channel of all time with nearly 2 million subscribers.
The cable pilot will be produced by Comcast Entertainment Studios, with Jay James (Guliana & Bill, The Soup), Gregory Heller, KP Anderson (The Soup, Web Soup) and Morenstein attached as executive producers. Darren Morenstein and Evan Rimer are on board as co-executive producers, with Jake Farrow as a consulting producer.
If ultimately greenlit, EpicMealTime would join other younger, male-skewing entries on the network, including Web Soup, Attack of the Show and American, Ninja Warrior. G4 will not be granted a stake of any size in the Web version.
EpicMealTime is repped by Gersh, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Chad Christopher of Stone, Meyer, Genow.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR