Epic Records EVP Angelica Cob-Baehler Makes Unexpected Exit
After less than a year on the job, the L.A. Reid-run label's marketing head, who was named one of Billboard's Top Women in Music in 2011, is a casualty of "senior management reassessment."
Less than a year after accepting a senior position at Epic Records, executive vp marketing Angelica Cob-Baehler is being let go. An Epic spokesperson confirmed the Los Angeles-based exec's exit, citing a reassessment of senior management functions specifically concerning the West Coast office.
"Epic Records realigned resources today. As a result, all senior management marketing functions will be located at the Epic Records headquarters in New York City," said a label rep when asked by The Hollywood Reporter. "The Epic Los Angeles office will serve as a base for Epic's creative team, A&R and our artists."
According to sources, it was Epic COO Mark Shimmel -- a relatively recent hire himself, having joined the label in January -- who delivered the news. Cob-Baehler, who was responsible for all marketing efforts, product management, brand partnerships, publicity, video production and creative at the label, reported directly to the New York-based Shimmel.
That apparently was a part of the problem: Although Cob-Baehler made frequent trips to the company's headquarters in New York, and label chairman L.A. Reid spends a good chunk of the fall in Los Angeles as a judge on The X Factor, the long-distance separation between marketing head and minions was an increasingly difficult hurdle, says an insider. Her exit came as surprise to many staffers, one of whom described Cob-Baehler as "one of the hardest-working executives I've ever met."
Cob-Baehler had previously held an evp title at EMI, where she oversaw media and creative services. She also played a key role in bringing Katy Perry to the label group, after getting to know the singer at Columbia Records, where Cob-Baehler was vp publicity. In 2011, she was named one of Billboard Magazine’s Top Women in Music.
No word yet on her official end date.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!