Epic to Release New Michael Jackson Album Next Month
"Michael," due Dec. 14, will be preceded by "Breaking News" single next week.
Epic Records will release Michael, the label's first posthumous Michael Jackson album, on December 14. The news was announced today on the Sony Music website MichaelJackson.com, where a new single, "Breaking News," will precede the album's release with a limited-time stream for one week beginning Nov. 8. And tomorrow, the site will showcase an exclusive teaser for the album.
Michael's cover art was created by painter Kadir Nelson and features the King of Pop surrounded by images highlighting his vast accomplishments -- from his participation in USA for Africa and Captain EO to "Beat It" and Dangerous.
The announcement follows a TMZ report earlier this week that calls into question the authenticity of Epic's upcoming material by the late superstar. Jackson's children have reportedly voiced their opinion that the tracks are not the work of their father.
Representatives from the Estate of Michael Jackson, which is jointly releasing Michael with Epic, countered the accusations with a statement that the sound experts the estate called in have confirmed the vocals to be from Jackson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game