Epic to Release New Michael Jackson Album Next Month
"Michael," due Dec. 14, will be preceded by "Breaking News" single next week.
Epic Records will release Michael, the label's first posthumous Michael Jackson album, on December 14. The news was announced today on the Sony Music website MichaelJackson.com, where a new single, "Breaking News," will precede the album's release with a limited-time stream for one week beginning Nov. 8. And tomorrow, the site will showcase an exclusive teaser for the album.
Michael's cover art was created by painter Kadir Nelson and features the King of Pop surrounded by images highlighting his vast accomplishments -- from his participation in USA for Africa and Captain EO to "Beat It" and Dangerous.
The announcement follows a TMZ report earlier this week that calls into question the authenticity of Epic's upcoming material by the late superstar. Jackson's children have reportedly voiced their opinion that the tracks are not the work of their father.
Representatives from the Estate of Michael Jackson, which is jointly releasing Michael with Epic, countered the accusations with a statement that the sound experts the estate called in have confirmed the vocals to be from Jackson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting