Epix Hires Douglas Lee to Oversee Program Acquisitions
The executive was most recently at MGM where he oversaw the studio’s push into the digital world.
NEW YORK - Epix, the premium TV network joint venture of Viacom, Lionsgate and MGM, has hired Douglas Lee as executive vp of programming acquisitions, strategy & enterprises.
Based in New York, Lee will report to Epix CEO Mark Greenberg.
“I’ve known Doug for many years and we had the opportunity to work together earlier in our careers at HBO, so I know firsthand just how impactful he can be in an organization," said Greenberg. "Doug has great instincts and is exactly the kind of strategic forward-thinking professional that is essential in this important role.”
Lee most recently served as executive vp worldwide digital media at MGM where he oversaw the studio’s move into the digital world by negotiating the studio’s first digital deals with Apple's iTunes, Netflix and others.
Before MGM, Lee held executive posts at such companies as HBO, 20th Century Fox, Universal Television and Children’s Television Workshop.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!