Eran Creevy Wins Inaugural London Screenwriters’ Festival Prize
The writer-director was given his British screenwriting award by "Basic Instinct" writer Joe Eszterhas.
LONDON – The inaugural British screenwriting award dished out during the London Screenwriters’ Festival has gone to Eran Creevy.
Writer/director Creevy first turned heads in U.K. industry circles after his first movie, Shifty, was nominated in 2008 for a BAFTA award and five British Independent Film awards. He later secured a best screenplay prize at the Stockholm International Film Festival.
Creevy's second feature film, Welcome to the Punch, stars James McAvoy and is exec produced by Ridley Scott.
The festival’s ice-pick-shaped award was presented to Creevy by Joe Eszterhas, the screenwriter whose Basic Instinct, incidentally, featured Sharon Stone and an infamous ice pick.
Creevy first worked as a production assistant on Matthew Vaughn's Layer Cake before he took a year to write and direct Shifty.
He is now in preproduction on his third feature, Autobahn, with Zac Ephron attached, about an American backpacker who gets involved with a ring of drug smugglers and winds up on the run from his employers across Munich's high-speed freeways.
Eszterhas was in London for the screenwriter festival, an event billed as the world’s biggest event for professional screenwriters in film and television, which ran Oct. 25-27.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack